June was another big month for social-media at TradeStation, with Twitter (TWTR) crashing the Top 10 list of busiest symbols.
Jack Dorsey’s micro-blogging platform rose 10 notches to No. 3 among our clients’ most active stocks. The surge came as TWTR soared to new multiyear highs and joined the S&P 500 index. Larger rival Facebook (FB) continued to slide down the rankings.
Streaming video giant Netflix (NFLX) was another big mover, climbing six places as it broke free of a bullish triangle. The biggest decliner in terms of popularity was PowerShares QQQ Trust (QQQ), which dropped from No. 5 to 12. Nvidia (NVDA) also slid four spots.
Here’s a rundown of June’s top names:
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY): The market-tracking ETF held its spot from April.
- Micron (MU): The chip maker stayed at No. 2.
- Twitter (TWTR): The social media stock spiked from No. 13 after being added to the S&P 500.
- Netflix (NFLX): The streaming-video company rose from No. 10 amid a breakout to new highs.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX (VXX): The market-inverse instrument maintained its position from May.
- Amazon (AMZN): The e-commerce behemoth rose two notches from the previous month.
- Alibaba (BABA): The Chinese tech giant climbed from No. 9 in May.
- Nvidia (NVDA): The chip maker slid from fourth place.
- Apple (AAPL): The handset maker dropped from third place the previous month.
- Facebook (FB): The social media slid from No. 6 in May and No. 2 in April.