We hope everyone’s having a great Memorial Day. Markets are closed in the U.S. today, so we’re reviewing some of our bigger stories in the last few months. Some of them could still be relevant in coming weeks.
- President Trump’s trade war against China intensified. It’s bad news for a lot of technology companies, but seems to be helping utilities and insurance stocks.
- Energy’s meltdown resumed in early May and intensified last week. An inventory glut remains the chief problem.
- CME’s Micro E-mini futures contracts began trading. The new product makes futures much more accessible to retail traders and novices.
- The S&P 500 had a “golden cross.” Backtesting shows a strong track record for the pattern.
- Media stocks explode higher as Walt Disney (DIS) makes an historic shift.
- Bitcoin comes back to life. Experts affiliated with TradeStation’s parent company in Japan explain the rally.