Fast-moving technology stocks continued to dominate activity at TradeStation as markets pushed to new highs.
Streaming-video disruptor Roku (ROKU) was the busiest symbol across our accounts in December. It was the second month at the top of the rankings, topping much bigger issues like SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) and Apple (AAPL).
Tesla (TSLA) pulled off a similar coup, pushing into the No. 2 spot. Other tech darlings like Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Nvidia (NVDA) and Micron Technology (MU), all semiconductors, also made the list.
Here’s the complete list for December:
- Roku (ROKU): The streaming-video company held the top spot for a second straight month.
- Tesla (TSLA): The electric-car maker climbed one position from November.
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY): The market-tracking fund edged down one spot from the previous month.
- Apple (AAPL): America’s most valuable company rose one position.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): The semiconductor company inched up one notch from a month before.
- Nvidia (NVDA): The chip stock slipped from fourth place.
- Micron Technology (MU): The memory-circuit maker returned to the list for the first time in three months, rising from 18th in November.
- Amazon.com (AMZN): The e-commerce giant inched down one spot from the previous month.
- Netflix (NFLX): The streaming-video innovator edged down from No. 8.
- ProShares UltraPro QQQ (TQQQ): The leveraged Nasdaq-tracking fund rose one spot to re-enter the list.
The following symbols exited the top 10:
- Walt Disney (DIS): The media giant dropped from No. 9 to 44th.
- Alibaba (BABA): The Chinese e-commerce giant dropped from No. 10 to 16th.
Busiest Symbols for All of 2019
Here’s the final ranking for the entire year 2019:
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY)
- Apple (AAPL)
- Roku (ROKU)
- Tesla (TSLA)
- Nvidia (NVDA)
- Amazon.com (AMZN)
- Netflix (NFLX)
- ProShares UltraPro QQQ (TQQQ)
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- Facebook (FB)